1. Information You Provide To Us.
If you are a Consultant, we require that you provide your name, e-mail address and zip code to enter our Website. In order to create a user account and profile, use the interactive areas and features of our Services, apply for a project, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, we collect additional information from you. This information may include, but is not limited to, your address, phone number, project search criteria, accomplishments and preferences, employment experience, educational history, skills, password created by you, website URL and any other information you choose to provide when on our Website or utilizing our Services.
If you are a Hiring Company, we require that you provide us with the goal of the project opportunity for which you wish to hire one or more Consultants and the requisite skills and experience for the project. You will also be required to supply a description of the project including the hours required for the project, your company’s location and the hiring manager’s name and email.
2. Passive Information Collection Online.
We automatically collect Information online such as your Internet Service Provider, IP address and the domains used by such providers, the web pages that you visited and the content you have accessed, your browser type, your computer operating system, mobile network, device identifiers, device settings and web browser settings. Please see below for more information about how the foregoing Information is collected and used.
We may use your Information to:
1. Provide you with information regarding project opportunities;
2. Respond to your inquiries or any other communication that we receive from you;
3. Provide and communicate with you about our Services and your account with us;
4. Verify your authority to enter our Website and use our Services;
5. Enforce the terms and policies that govern our Website and Services;
6. Provide technical support for our Services;
7. Prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities on or through our Website and Services;
8. Protect your safety and the safety of our other Consultants and Hiring Companies; and
9. Improve the content and general administration of our Website and Services.
We may disclose Information to third parties. However, OpHaus will not sell any of your Information to any third party. The disclosure to third parties may occur in the following circumstances:
1. To vendors and services agencies to assist us in providing our Services to you. This may include, for example, hosting our Website servers, analyzing data, maintain databases, providing legal and accounting services, fulfilling user requests and otherwise supporting our Website and Services. Please note that these vendors and services agencies do not receive any right to use your Information beyond what is necessary to perform its obligations to us in connection with our Website and Services.
2. To the extent necessary or appropriate, to government agencies, advisors, and other third parties in order to comply with applicable law, regulation or government authority or otherwise in cooperation with any governmental authority investigation.
4. If OpHaus undergoes a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets. In such event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding the disposition of your Information.
You can update, correct or delete any Information that you have provided in your user profile by accessing your OpHaus account with your e-mail address and the password you created. You may also contact OpHaus to update, correct or delete any of your Information by e-mailing our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact us to remove your user profile, account and/or advise us that you no longer wish to receive any communications from us by emailing our customer support at email@example.com. When a Consultant terminates his or her OpHaus account, we will remove the person’s user profile from our Website. We will endeavor to process all requests as soon as possible. Please see below for OpHaus’ related Data Retention policies.
Any Information supplied by a Consultant to a Hiring Company through OpHaus’ Website is treated as described in the section below entitled Choice and Access to Data Controlled by Hiring Companies.
Through our Services, OpHaus discloses project opportunities to Consultants whose user profile accomplishments and preferences match the Hiring Company’s project requirements. A Consultant will receive notification from OpHaus about a specific project if the Hiring Company is interested in interviewing the Consultant. In each case, the Consultant will be notified of the Hiring Company’s interest and the Consultant will then have the option to make the appropriate selections through our Services in order to establish a connection with the Hiring Company. Even if the Consultant wishes to connect with the Hiring Company, he or she may choose not to disclose certain information. This is accomplished by the Consultant setting his or her user profile to “anonymous”. As an anonymous Consultant, Hiring Companies can see the Consultant’s accomplishments but cannot view identifiable information such as the Consultant’s name, location, current and past employers, and resume. In addition, other Hiring Companies will not have access to the Consultant’s identifiable information unless he or she is matched to a Hiring Company’s specific project opportunity and the Consultant chooses to disclose his or her identifiable information through the process described above. Please note that once a Consultant provides his or her Information to a Hiring Company, the Hiring Company’s own privacy policies governs its use of the Information.
The security of your Information is important to us. OpHaus employs procedural and technological measures to protect your Information. These measures are reasonably designed to help protect your Information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. OpHaus may use software, secure socket layer technology (SSL) encryption, password protection, firewalls, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your Information. When you enter sensitive information (such as your login information), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, OpHaus cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat these measures or use your Information for improper purposes. Therefore, you should be aware that when you voluntarily display or distribute personally identifiable information, that information could be collected and used by others. OpHaus is not responsible for the unauthorized use by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available publicly.